Wow. Talk about a big confidence win for the Patriots. I can’t really say enough about the game, except to say that it was a really big win. Here are a few thoughts I had:
- Wait… I have to put down the kool-aid, give me a sec.
- Burp! Oops
- I really think that this win puts the Patriots back in the thick of the AFC contenders. This was truly a statement win.
- The running game was unstoppable. Sammy Morris in the first half, BenJarvus Green Ellis and Kevin Faulk in the second half. It was truly great to watch. The line got the push ALL DAY. Speaking of Green-Ellis, see my post dated April 30th. I’ll be talking about him more later in the week.
- Cassel really did look more confident out there. Most importantly, he was mistake free, and was making some nice reads from the pocket.
- The defense was great. Great games from James Sanders and Jerod Mayo. Rookies Gary Guyton and Jonathan Wilhite also made some nice plays. Richard Seymour looks better than he ever has.
- It was really nice to see Randy Moss get into the game like he did. I could tell, from watching him on the sidelines and in his post-game press conference, that he really was excited, and that’s a good thing to see from the team’s biggest threat.
- Lastly, Rodney Harrison’s knee injury did not look good, he is likely out for the season. He is a true professional that plays with an unmatched intensity. He is one of the greatest all-time safeties, and I wish him best in his recovery. Will John Lynch be re-signed?
- Look ahead: Patriots take on the two-win Rams, who are riding high behind interim coach Jim Haslett.