A lot of things happened since I went to bed last night at three A.M. and woke up this morning. A lot of things. Since I’m short on time, I’ll quickly go through them:
- Looks like Fred Taylor is official, Adam Schefter confirmed it. Taylor will head back to Gillette Stadium later today to finalize things.
- Jabar Gaffney, according to ProFootballTalk.com, will visit the Denver Broncos. If he signs there, the Patriots will be in serious need of receiver help. Serious need.
- Pat Kirwan, speaking on Sirius NFL Radio, has been informed that the Patriots are Julius Peppers’ unnamed AFC team on his wishlist, and that the Patriots will heavily pursue a trade for him.
- The Patriots will host Leigh Bodden on a free agent visit today. Bodden, at 6-1, would come in and start immediately. He had a down year in Detroit, but who didn’t? A year before, in Crennel’s system in Cleveland, Bodden thrived. Best of all, he’s only 28.
- And how about that 7 year, $100 million contract signed by Albert Haynesworth? It’s rediculous, $41 million guaranteed. I just can’t imagine any one player being worth that much in football. It’s football. Not the NBA, not MLB. Football.