- I’m flat out excited. With the depth of this draft (although it lacks top-end talent), and four third round picks, the Patriots could pick up a lot of future starters.
- I think the Pats will draft a tight end at some point this day. A few names to consider: Shawn Nelson, Cornelius Ingram, Bear Pascoe and John Phillips.
- The Patriots may very well look at an inside linebacker to complete that rotation. Tyronze McKenzie, Jason Williams, Jasper Brinkley, and Frantz Joseph are all still on the board.
- I think the Patriots will also look at a wide receiver. Juaquin Iglesias, Brandon Gibson, Brooks Foster, Aaron Kelly, Brandon Tate, and Johnny Knox are a few possibilities.
- With Jarron Gilbert still on the board, you’d have to think the Patriots would take a long look at him if he is still there at 73.
- The Patriots may want to pick up some young depth at running back. Rashad Jennings, Andre Brown, Javon Ringer, Cedric Peerman, Devin Moore, and Tyrell Sutton all seem like possibilities.s
- If the Patriots want a fullback, there are plenty of possibilities, including Tony Fiammetta, Brannan Southerland, Marcus Mailei, and Quinn Johnson.
- Jason Watkins, T.J. Lang, Jamon Merideth, and Robert Brewster are all still there if the Patriots want another tackle. At guard, the only player off the board is Andy Levitre (which leaves Duke Robinson, Trevor Canfield, Kraig Urbik, and well, everybody). I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Pats go guard at some point.